On Sat, 2008-01-19 at 19:02 +0000, Apple7777 wrote:

> Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in
>  /home/re/script.php on line 3
>

> I've googled and found out that I need to add extension=mysql.so
>  in CLI's php.ini file (separate php.ini file that works for CLI only).
>
> The problem is my PHP configured with MySQL support and MySQL
>  library doesn't load as dynamic library.
>
> I've searched for mysql.so on my server (find / -name mysql.so), but found
> only
> this:
> /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-
> multi/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so
>
> I guess it's mysql.so from another installation, but I've copied it to
>  extension directory and added "extension=mysql.so" to the CLI's php.ini file.

That definitely won't work. The file you found belongs to Perl, not PHP.
Remove it from where you copied it.

> So, I guess I was right, it's mysql.so from another installation.
>
> I wonder, where can I get proper mysql.so? Can I download it
> somewhere?

It's been quite a while since I built PHP manually. From memory, it
included MySQL drivers ( maybe with a configure option ). I'm not sure
if it's still included or not. How did you install PHP? Was it with a
package manager, or was it already installed by your distro, or did you
install it manually?

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer