Luca,

In my testing I have had better throughput with RAID 10 (at least with XFS). I have not worried about the log files so much, so you might want to investigate that some. I would love to see benchmarks of your SAS array though. If you have a blog you should publish them if at all possible. I used iozone for raw throughput testing and then the querybench program (http://www.paragon-cs.com/queryprogs) to perform testing with production data against the server.

Hope that helps.

Keith

Luca Ferrari wrote:
Hi,
I have to install a mysql server for managing several database, from small to quite big (tables with about 2M rows). I've got a SAS disk array and I was wondering what the best configuration could be:
1) raid 10
2) raid 5
3) a combination (e.g., raid10 for the data and raid 5 for the logs).

Any suggestion or link?

Thanks,
Luca

--