David Schneider-Joseph schrieb:
Hi all,

I am attempting to convert a very large table (~23 million rows) from MyISAM to InnoDB. If I do it in chunks of one million at a time, the first million are very fast (approx. 3 minutes or so), and then it gets progressively worse, until by the time I get even to the fourth chunk, it's taking 15-20 minutes, and continuing to worsen. This is much worse degradation than the O*log(N) that you would expect.

[...]

This problem can even be reproduced in a very simple test case, where I continuously insert approximately 1 million rows into a table, with random data. `big_table` can be any table with approximately one million rows in id range 1 through 1000000 (we're not actually using any data from it):

[...]
Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks,
David

what hardware are you running on and you much memory do you have? what version of mysql?| |
How did you set innodb_buffer_pool_size? you might want to read
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/innodb-tuning.html
and do some tuning.

In case that doesn't help you, you'll need to post more info on your config.

Jan