-----Original Message-----
From: Paul DuBois [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 11:50 AM
To: Jerry Schwartz; mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Re: ON vs. WHERE

At 11:46 AM -0500 1/30/08, Jerry Schwartz wrote:

The documentation says (I think) that you should not use an ON join
condition when you can use a WHERE, but I'm pretty sure someone from
MySQL.com posted a message suggesting the opposite.

The manual says this:

"The ON conditional is any conditional expression of the form that
can be used in a WHERE clause. Generally, you should use the ON
clause for conditions that specify how to join tables, and the WHERE
clause to restrict which rows you want in the result set."

[JS] Thanks for that. I don't know where I read the opposite. Perhaps I was
passing a brain-stone.

Or maybe in a comment ? :p

--
Kévin Labécot