I can get mysql to start with that but still complains about
corruption... If I try to do optimize table for instance, it crashes
again...

I get this now:

080213 14:32:16  InnoDB: Error: page 4246078 log sequence number 53
188440667

InnoDB: is in the future! Current system log sequence number 0 10477.

InnoDB: Your database may be corrupt or you may have copied the InnoDB

InnoDB: tablespace but not the InnoDB log files. See

InnoDB: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/forcing-recovery.html

InnoDB: for more information.

InnoDB: Dump of the tablespace extent descriptor:  len 40; hex
00000000000000010040c0000aeeffffffff000000000004aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaafe; asc          @                              ;

InnoDB: Serious error! InnoDB is trying to free page 4246077

InnoDB: though it is already marked as free in the tablespace!

InnoDB: The tablespace free space info is corrupt.

InnoDB: You may need to dump your InnoDB tables and recreate the whole

InnoDB: database!

InnoDB: Please refer to

InnoDB: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/forcing-recovery.html

InnoDB: about forcing recovery.

080213 14:32:16InnoDB: Assertion failure in thread 163851 in file
fsp0fsp.c line 2980

InnoDB: We intentionally generate a memory trap.

InnoDB: Submit a detailed bug report to http://bugs.mysql.com.

InnoDB: If you get repeated assertion failures or crashes, even

InnoDB: immediately after the mysqld startup, there may be

InnoDB: corruption in the InnoDB tablespace. Please refer to

InnoDB: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/forcing-recovery.html

InnoDB: about forcing recovery.

080213 14:32:16 - mysqld got signal 11;

This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this
binary

or one of the libraries it was linked against is corrupt, improperly
built,

or misconfigured. This error can also be caused by malfunctioning
hardware.

We will try our best to scrape up some info that will hopefully help
diagnose

the problem, but since we have already crashed, something is definitely
wrong

and this may fail.

key_buffer_size=1073741824

read_buffer_size=2093056

max_used_connections=1

max_connections=2500

threads_connected=1

It is possible that mysqld could use up to

key_buffer_size + (read_buffer_size + sort_buffer_size)*max_connections
= 4061404 K

bytes of memory

Hope that's ok; if not, decrease some variables in the equation.

thd=0xac68930

Attempting backtrace. You can use the following information to find out

where mysqld died. If you see no messages after this, something went

terribly wrong...

Cannot determine thread, fp=0xbe5f9f88, backtrace may not be correct.

Stack range sanity check OK, backtrace follows:

0x80d4205

0x835537c

0x829e8ca

0x8220478

0x829e2c1

0x829e5b1

0x824d6d9

0x8208702

0x821c16a

0x823077e

0x819f81c

0x81a00d7

0x8193cea

0x8178a32

0x81acb2b

0x81ae855

0x81b0787

0x81b1282

0x81b19f8

0x80f16ea

0x80f359a

0x80f46cb

0x80f5747

0x834fcb5

0x8388daa

New value of fp=(nil) failed sanity check, terminating stack trace!

Please read http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/using-stack-trace.html and
follow instructions on how to resolve the stack trace. Resolved

stack trace is much more helpful in diagnosing the problem, so please do

resolve it

Trying to get some variables.

Some pointers may be invalid and cause the dump to abort...

thd->query at 0xaca10c8 = optimize table hosts

thd->thread_id=2

The manual page at http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Crashing.html contains

information that should help you find out what is causing the crash.

You are running a statically-linked LinuxThreads binary on an NPTL
system.

This can result in crashes on some distributions due to LT/NPTL
conflicts.

You should either build a dynamically-linked binary, or force
LinuxThreads

to be used with the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL environment variable. Please
consult

the documentation for your distribution on how to do that.

Number of processes running now: 0