On Thursday 14 February 2008 01:21:31 Jacob, Raymond A Jr wrote:
> I apologize for asking this question.
> I am somewhat confused by Microsoft's Licensing and I personally can not
> justify to senior management why
> MS SQL should be procured instead of procuring software more urgent
> requirements.
> I had the not so bright idea that maybe a MS SQL emulator or
> compatibility mode existed for/in MySQL.
> Does such a beast exist?
>
> In particular, I wanted to use MySQL as backend database for MS Project
> Server and Sharepoint,
> and other applications that use MS SQL as their backend database.
> Again, I apologize for asking this question. I could not figure out the
> correct string to search for
> such software.
>
> thank you

Have you ever considered dotproject? It as a web-enabled, Opensource project
management tool with *lots* more features than MS-Project offers.
And it is MySQL based.

I don't know sharepoint but I people want to shre documents, it is always
possible to use a Twiki-server for that.

--

---
Peter M. Groen