Richard,

>1) If a user has never logged in he doesn't show the user in the list
>2) It doesn't count if it is 0 it's not on the liste and if the user has logged
>in more than once the result is 1 (because of the group by ...).

Do you mean by #1 that you want to list all users whether they have logged in or not? #2 is less clear still; does it mean the query is to show a count of 0 for no logins and 1 for any positive number of logins? If so, try...

SELECT a.username, a.first_name, a.last_name,COUNT(DISTINCT b.username) AS count
FROM user_list a
LEFT JOIN login_table b ON a.username = b.username
GROUP BY a.username,a.first_name,a.lastname;

PB

Richard wrote:
Hi, and thankyou for trying to help me out! I've tried this and it does not work. Here are the problems :

1) If a user has never logged in he doesn't show the user in the list
2) It doesn't count if it is 0 it's not on the liste and if the user has logged in more than once the result is 1 (because of the group by ...).

Thankyou

Peter Brawley a écrit :
Richard,

 >Can I do something like this :
>SELECT a.username, a.first_name, a.last_name,b.(SELECT COUNT(*) AS count
 >FROM login_table b WHERE a.username = b.username) FROM user_list a

Try ...

SELECT a.username, a.first_name, a.last_name,COUNT(b.username) AS count
FROM user_list a
JOIN login_table b ON a.username = b.username
GROUP BY a.username,a.first_name,a.lastname;

PB

-----

Richard wrote:
Hello,

This time I'm rearly not sure if this is possible to do. I've got two queries that I would like to bring together to make only one query ...

I've got a list of users

And also a login table

I would like to list all users and show the number of times they have logged in.

So to get the list of users I would do :

SELECT username, first_name, last_name FROM user_list

And to count the number of connections I would do

SELECT COUNT(*) AS count FROM login_table WHERE username = $result['username']

Can I do something like this :

SELECT a.username, a.first_name, a.last_name,b.(SELECT COUNT(*) AS count FROM login_table b WHERE a.username = b.username) FROM user_list a

I know that the above query can not work but It's just to give a better idea about what I'm trying to do . :)

If I do a join, I will the username repeated for each login.

Thanks in advance,

Richard