Simon

Simon Elliston Ball
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

On 20 Feb 2008, at 12:03, Andre Hübner wrote:

i tried, but always got error: "ERROR 1221 (HY000): Incorrect usage of DB GRANT and GLOBAL PRIVILEGES" i followed this and did found a former discussion. seems to be not possible to give this privileg by this line.
http://lists.mysql.com/mysql/198421

hmm, bad case, isnt it?

Andre

----- Original Message ----- From: "Simon Elliston Ball" <[EMAIL PROTECTED] >
To: "Andre Hübner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 12:08 PM
Subject: Re: external mysqldump

GRANT SUPER ON userdatabase.* to user@'%' identified by 'password';

That way each external user can only do super things to their own db.

simon

Simon Elliston Ball
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

On 20 Feb 2008, at 11:03, Andre Hübner wrote:

Unfortunately, not. For internal uses i can use root or other special user. But if my users want to do backup on there own with external mysqldump they get this error. if i do login with userdata from console i can do mysqldump, its only the external connect which makes this problem.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ben Clewett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>