Hello All,

I was recently approached by someone looking for better error parsing
in MySQL.  He does queries on large sets of data for research using
MySQL, and the vagueness of the "you have an error before ;" messages
often returned leave him desiring more.  My goal is to develop some
kind of advanced error parsing through MySQL Proxy.

My question is: has anyone heard of anything remotely similar to this
before?  I've been searching for several days and am surprised to find
no mention of the quality of MySQL's error messages.  I don't want to
go reinventing the wheel, so I figured I'd check to see if there is
already progress on this front.

Bonus points if anyone can tell me if there is a simple syntax summary
for MySQL, it would make life easier as opposed to pulling all the
pseudo-BNF from the individual manual pages (I know this probably
belongs on the doc list, but I figured since it relates to the above
question I'd ask it here first).

Thanks in advance for the help!

--Brian