On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 11:55 PM, Waynn Lue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm trying to dump all the columns of a table but one in a
>  restructuring of my schema.  I found this post:
>  http://www.jsw4.net/info/listserv_archives/mysql/05-wk49/msg00131.html
>  which seems to indicate that this isn't possible, but I was wondering
>  if anyone had any suggestions.  My current solution is to do a simple
>  search and replace, but that won't work for everything.  I could
>  always do regex search/replace, as well, but I'm hoping for something
>  native to mysqldump, since the files are going to be rather big.
>
>  Thanks,
>  Waynn

I would probably use INTO OUTFILE. Any particular reason it does not work?
CREATE TABLE `t` (
  `c1` varchar(10) NOT NULL,
  `c2` varchar(10) NOT NULL,
  `c3` varchar(10) NOT NULL
);

INSERT INTO `t` (`c1`, `c2`, `c3`) VALUES
('1', '2', '3'),
('4', '5', '6'),
('7', '8', '9'),
('10', '11', '12');

mysql> select c1,c2 from t INTO OUTFILE 'outfile';
Query OK, 4 rows affected (0.00 sec)

outfile contents:
1       2
4       5