On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 2:29 PM, Terry Babbey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I have a huge database that I would like to migrate from a server
>  running 4.0.16 to a server running the Windows version 5.0.45. The
>  database is approximately 3,500,000 records. I get timeout errors using
>  PHPMyAdmin to export the data.

    If you have shell access, do the following:

    mysqldump -u username -p database_name > database_name.sql

    To explain:
        -u username              Replace 'username' with the database username.
        -p                              This signifies that you'll use
a password (at a prompt)
        database_name        The full name of the database to dump
        >                                Redirects all output to a
file, deleting previous data, if any
        database_name.sql   The SQL output file, written to the
current directory.

--
</Dan>

Daniel P. Brown
Senior Unix Geek
<? while(1) { $me = $mind--; sleep(86400); } ?>