On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 12:15 PM, Brown, Charles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Using mysqldump, I'm about to dump all databases and import to another
>  instance - new . My question is do I need to define all security and
>  users in the new mysql  or the security definitions and privileges will
>  be included in the dump file created by mysqldump.

    If you dump all databases, you're also dumping the mysql.user
table, which is where privileges and login information for the other
databases is stored.  So as long as the MySQL versions are the same
(or comparable) on the original host and target host if you're using
password hashing, or if everything is in plain text, you should be
just fine.

>  Please help me!

    Hey, Charlie Brown, why's everybody always pickin' on you?  ;-P

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Forensic Services, Senior Unix Engineer