Hi,
I have created a rather large table containing about 16M records. Most
of the indexed fields are smallint, but there is one field that is a
text field that I am using fulltext indexing on. The total size of the
smallint indexes is only about 30 MB, but the fulltext index brings
the total index size to about 2 GB. My question is: When mysql adds
indexes to the keycache, does it add each index individually or does
it dump the entire .MYI file to the keycache. If it is the latter, I
should move the fulltext index to another table.
Thanks in advance,
Christian

--
J. Christian Hesketh M.Sc.