----- Original Message ----- From: "Jake Peavy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jonathan Mangin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2008 11:59 AM
Subject: Re: Incorrect results from sum

On 4/5/08, Jonathan Mangin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm getting incorrect results from a sum and wonder if
anyone sees something obviously wrong. (Won't surprise
me.) Leaving 'simple' out of the equation (or adding
'simple' values manually) gets me the correct number.

select round(sum($menu.carb * units) + simple.carb,2)

I was hoping for a syntax error on the above line. This has
worked fine until I added simple.

from itemized inner join simple on itemized.uid = simple.uid
inner join $menu on itemized.personal_id = $menu.id
where itemized.uid = ? and itemized.date between ? and ?
group by date;

It's supposed to return 253.08, but I keep getting 260.36.

Your "bug" is likely in the GROUP BY.

--
-jp

There is only one day's meals stored and a difference of 7.28
relates to no stored values. Thanks anyway.