Hi,

I have two instances of Mysql 5.0 on a server Scientific Linux CERN SLC release
4.6 (Beryllium)
and the instances work well, I turn on and turn off the instances by
mysqld_multi.
I would like to start automatically instances at the start of the server Linux.
I took the script mysqld_multi.server and I added lines:

# Comments to support chkconfig on RedHat Linux
# chkconfig: 2345 64 36

and i copied it in the directory:

/etc/init.d

with the name "mysqld"
then I typed the commands:

chmod -x /etc/init.d/mysqld  and
chkconfig --add mysqld

but if I start the service (service mysqld start), I have:

WARNING: my_print_defaults command not found.
Please make sure you have this command available and
in your path. The command is available from the latest
MySQL distribution.
ABORT: Can't find command 'my_print_defaults'.
This command is available from the latest MySQL
distribution. Please make sure you have the command
in your PATH.

Ciao

--
Ing. Stefano Elmopi