Hi all:

I'm not sure if this script is really running out of memory because
of MySQL doesn't have enough memory, or if it's because it's a poorly
written script. I was hoping that someone might be able to take a
look at the script for me and let me know if they could find any ways
to optimize it.

The Script: http://xtrinsic.com/scripting/engine.04.txt (previous
versions at 03.txt and 02.txt).

The script in action: http://www.tri-drs.org/engine.phtml

I seem to get either Bork, bork, bork. All I do is bork OR You came
to see me about a zero?

The first error message is associated with:
$data_check = "select row_id from lookup where word_id =
$gotten_word_id and table_id = $table_name";
                $data_back = mysql_query($data_check) or die ("Bork,
bork, bork. All I do is bork. $eachword[$k]". mysql_error());
                $data_check_array = mysql_fetch_array($data_back);

The second is associated with (which actually comes first in the script):
                $word_check = "select word_id from words where word =
'$eachword[$k]'";
                $any_words = mysql_query($word_check) or die ("You
came to see me about a zero. $eachword[$k] ...". mysql_error());
                $anything_back = mysql_num_rows($any_words);

These are both "select"s... I have no problem with any of my insert queries.

Although I've put in the PHP mysql_error(), I've only seen an error
once. And it said something to the effect of "MySQL is out of
memory." I didn't think to copy and paste it because I thought I'd be
able to replicate it. :(

Any help on this would be very much appreciated!!!

emma