Thanks for the email but that didn't help.  I gave the commands again using
only single quotes and I still get no results.
On the old machine we were running MySQL 4.0.15a.  Is there any difference
with the password function in these 2 versions?
--

Malka Cymbalista
Webmaster, Weizmann Institute of Science