On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 5:51 AM, Nico Sabbi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The problem I have is that importing the same 7 MB sql dump
> takes 9 seconds if engine=Myisam and 98 when engine is Innodb.

Is autocommit turned off?

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/innodb-tuning.html

" When importing data into InnoDB, make sure that MySQL does not have
autocommit mode enabled because that requires a log flush to disk for
every insert. To disable autocommit during your import operation,
surround it with SET AUTOCOMMIT and COMMIT statements: SET
AUTOCOMMIT=0;
... SQL import statements ...
COMMIT;
"

There is also a note in there about forcedirectio and certain solaris setups.

--
Rob Wultsch
[EMAIL PROTECTED]