Hello Jim,

> > > sounds like you are using the wrong value for the length of a utf8
> > > field, where the number of characters is being divided by the max
> > > character length. (10 / 3 = 3, 80 / 3 = 26)
> > >
> > > or it could be the server returning the wrong length. use "mysql
> > > --column-type-info" to see what it is returning.
> >
> > That doesn't work with 5.0 as far as I can tell.
>
> sorry, i think --column-type-info is new in 5.1. you can get the same
> effect using -T with 5.0, i believe.

Thanks for the suggestion but the issue has been fixed for me.

I reported it to the vendor that created the Delphi component-set to
use MySQL and they supplied me with a fix. Apparently, "something"
has changed between 5.0.45 and 5.0.51 that made their code fail,
but it's all good now.

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com