Eric Bergen schrieb:
> TCP checksums aren't as strong as encryption. It's rare but corruption
> can happen.

But it happens every other day? that means at least one error in 4GB of
data (I have around 2GB of binlogs/day)?
Every DVD-ISO you download would be corrupt (statistically)?

> Where are you reading the positions from and how are you taking the
> snapshot to restore the slave?
>
>From the log file:

080415  6:39:20 [ERROR] Error
running query, slave SQL thread aborted. Fix the problem, and restart
the slave SQL thread with "SLAVE START". We stopped at log
'mysql-bin.045709' position 172

I use rsync to set up the slave...