I have a table that stores performed transactions and I need to build a histogram of a number of transactions per day in the requested period. So, I made a simple query with the group by clause which returns me what I need:
2008-04-16      65456204
2008-04-17      190838546
2008-04-18      8909047
2008-04-19      9085084
2008-04-21      18221038
2008-04-22      18246184

except that there is no entry for April 20th as there were no transactions at that day. I need a query to return me zero for that day.
I.e. I need uninterrupted sequence of dates.
I am beating my head at this problem for the whole day and did not make much of a progress. If someone has any idea how to resolve this problem, I'll appreciate a tip greatly.
Thank you,
        Gary