Thank you all for your suggestions.

So it's very important to make primary fields be as smaller as possible,
right? I'm going to change 'isbn' from VARCHAR(100) to VARCHAR(25) and, if
possible (I might change my code), from VARCHAR to BIGINT.

By the way, which are optimal values for "key_len" parameter when doing
EXPLAIN?

Regards,
--Charles

ISBN field is way too long, I think they just changed it to 13 characters.