I am not sure if this is the appropriate place to do this kind of posting
but I thought this discussion group might be interested in hearing about
this opportunity.  I am working with a client in Kansas City that is looking
for a contract to hire resource that has experience as a Mysql DBA that has
some Windows Server Administration experience.  Below are some details about
the position.  If anyone is interested in hearing more about this
opportunity, please contact me at the email address or phone number below.

Job description:

MySQL DBA/Windows 2003 Server Admin.

Responsibilities:

* Must be able to respond to operational alerts 24/7.

* Responsible for the daily administration of our production database
servers and OS.

* Assuring the security of all systems.

* Installs, maintains, and upgrades database software.

* Perform maintenance and upgrade of application schema components and
database structures.

* Maintain database backup and recovery environment; verify operation of
backup strategy and data integrity.

* Monitor and manage database replication and failover/recovery as needed.

* Run database consistency checks and maintenance procedures and fix as
needed.

* Monitor and manage database server performance, availability, capacity and
error logs.

* Identify, troubleshoot and resolve real-time database issues.

* Windows administration, security management, patching and performance
monitoring.

Qualifications:

* On-call availability for emergencies and willingness to work non-standard
hours.

* A degree in Computer Science or related field.

* Three or more years relevant experience including implementation,
administration and support of production MySQL systems.

* Two or more years of experience as both a database administrator and a
Windows 2003 server administrator.

* Experience in designing, implementing, testing and maintaining data
replication services, as well as database backup, security and recovery
strategies.

* Strong familiarity with database clustering.

* Experience with optimization and troubleshooting techniques to address
performance problems on MySQL Server.

* Proficient with Windows operating system security and utilities.

* Experience with MS SQL Server 2005 or Oracle is a strong plus.

* Production IIS/Web administration experience a plus.

* Programming backgrounds in any .NET language a plus

Lori Kurovski

Solutions Now, Inc.

8695 College Blvd, Suite 220

Overland Park, KS 66210