Decided to run up2date -u

I noticed that our website was tossing off mysql errors. Quickly realized that mysql was down. Went to restart but it couldn't find mysqld_safe, mysqld, mysqladmin, etc.

I used locate and it couldn't find the binaries anywhere...it appears that up2date -u had somehow uninstalled MySQL 4.0.27.

I have the rpms...

The /var/lib/mysql/mysite database directory is fine as is the /var/lib/mysql/mysql database directory with all the permissions (columns_priv.MYD columns_priv.MYI columns_priv.frm db.MYD db.MYI db.frm func.MYD func.MYI func.frm host.MYD host.MYI host.frm tables_priv.MYD tables_priv.MYI tables_priv.frm user.MYD user.MYI user.frm)

What's the safest way to reinstall the rpms and have it use/find/whatever the permissions database without it creating a new one?

Thanks...guess I'm drinking coffee until I get this done!