On Tuesday 05 June 2001 13:15, Mike Jimenez wrote:
> I got this error in my logs how do I work with this to figure out what the
> problem is. And would cause something like this to happen?
> Thanks
> Mike
>
> mysqld got signal 11;
> The manual section 'Debugging a MySQL server' tells you how to use a
> stack trace and/or the core file to produce a readable backtrace that may
> help in finding out why mysqld died
> Attemping backtrace. You can use the following information to find out
> where mysqld died.  If you see no messages after this, something went
> terribly wrong
> Cannot determine thread, ebp=0xbffff6f4, backtrace may not be correct
> stack range sanity check, ok, backtrace follows
> 0x40078552
> 0x40077f0f
> 0x80be0fa
> 0x80be56f
> 0x80bdced
> 0x400fa9cb
> 0x8088731
> New value of ebp failed sanity check terminating backtrace
>
> Number of processes running now: 0
> 010604 14:02:25  mysqld restarted
> /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections

It is possible that you are hitting a bug in MySQL. But the numbers look like
you coredump inside libc, which actually could be a bug in MySQL, eg. a call
to memcpy() with a stray pointer. But very likely, it is some glibc problem.

Please do the following:

* read  http://www.mysql.com/doc/U/s/Using_stack_trace.html and obtain a
symbolic resolution for your stack trace - even if the steps below fix the
problem, I am curious about how your binary coredumped
* upgrade MySQL to the latest version ( 3.23.38 )
* use our binary or RPM, see http://www.mysql.com/doc/L/i/Linux.html for some
reasons why

--
MySQL Development Team