I would start by understanding MySQL spatial located at
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/spatial-extensions.html
FWIWMartin______________________________________________Disclaimer and
confidentiality noteEverything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to
the official business of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature
and Sender does not endorse distribution to any party other than intended
recipient. Sender does not necessarily endorse content contained within this
transmission.> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: mysql@lists.mysql.com> Date: Thu,
22 May 2008 09:49:21 -0400> Subject: Spatial operators - DISTANCE> > Hi,> > I
am developing a geo-spatial application that requires the DISTANCE function. >
We have been using 5.1.23-GIS beta, but have noted that it appears not to be >
in the 5.1.24 beta or the 6.0 alpha release. I also can find no documentation >
as to when this will be merged into the main release or go into production.> >
Any hints or clues would be much appreciated.> > -- > > Best regards,> jona.> >
Just don't create a file called -rf. :-)> --- Larry Wall> > -- > MySQL General
Mailing List> For list archives: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql> To unsubscribe:
http://lists.mysql.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]>