Hi!

MySQL is an open-source product. That allows anyone to contribute patches and new features from the community. In time, when the feature is mature, it may be included in some future version.

Documentation on this feature is very limited because the (2) people behind the project have only pursued it during their personal free time. The code is of alpha quality and the target audience is mostly aimed at people of expert knowledge who can largely figure out how to use it without the aid of verbose documentation.

Of course, if anyone is willing to contribute documentation, it would be greatly appreciated. The forge site is a wiki: Anyone may add stuff to it.

Regards,
Antony