Hello list,

I have a problem dumping a database. The problem is that the database uses the
swedish charset (historical, hosting provider didn't have all sets). The data
itself is Arabic (windows-1256), and although I have no idea how it is stored
inside the database's files, the website's output is Arabic windows-1256.

Now I am ready to move away from that provider, so I want to take a dump of the
data. I've tried many mysqldump options, but I always get a file full of
giberish. Using iconv on the file doesn't even work...

So my question is: How do you take a dump of a swedish-based database, and end
up with a windows-1256 dump file??

Thanks in advance.

Noor