James wrote:
On Fri, June 20, 2008 9:12 am, robert rottermann wrote:
Hi there,
is it possible to define an update trigger that calls a webservice (or
just some external method that would do it).

we have a web frontent, that does the indexing of data in its own catalog
 (zope/plone).
so I would like to be able to "push" an update to the frontend.

thanks robert

I think the answer is no (at least it was last year) but I found work
arounds.
Google for "mysql external command trigger".

Well, you can create a UDF, and should be able to call the UDF within a trigger..

Check out some of the memcached UDFs that were created:

http://capttofu.livejournal.com/8078.html

These should give a good idea of A) how to create a UDF and B) how to talk to another process within them to send / update data etc.

You might even choose to cache your stuff in memcached and just use these anyway! ;)

Cheers,

Mark

--
Mark Leith
MySQL Regional Support Manager, Americas