  From: Moon's Father
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Cc: mysql@lists.mysql.com
  Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2008 12:20 PM
  Subject: Re: mysqldump giving errors

  Maybe you have to adjust your file limit by user named mysql.

  On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 7:50 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

    Hi All,

    I am running mysqldump with --no-data option, but it gives error:
    "can't exec 'show fields from ...' out of resources when opening file ...
(errorcode 24) (23)"
    perror 24 says: too many open files
    perror 23 says: too many open files in system
    mySQL show variables says: open_files_limit: 622
    and the error occurs at the 74th table.
    I have enough GB free space.
    Is this error caused by my Windows or by MySQL ?
    Any suggestions how to solve this ?

    TIA, Cor

  --
  I'm a MySQL DBA in china.