I don't think anyone answered your actual question, so here's my attempt..

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/server-status-variables.html
        "Many status variables are reset to 0 by the FLUSH STATUS
        statement."

Atle

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008, Venu Madhav Padakanti wrote:

I am using MySQL version 5.0.22, I am interested in knowing the current performance on the MySQL.

With the status command we can get the queries per second but it will average since the beginning of time when SQL was up and running and not the current rate?

Is there any way to reset that parameter so that the data can reflect current without restarting the MySQL

Thanks in advance
..venu