Hello

I have troubles with 'BACKUP DATABASE', I thought it was problem of syntax,
but have tried even the samples in
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/6.0/en/backup-database.html and the command
is not recognized

$ mysql --version
mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 6.0.4-alpha, for pc-linux-gnu (i686) using EditLine
wrapper

mysql> BACKUP DATABASE * TO '/tmp/all.backup';
ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual
that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use
near 'BACKUP DATABASE * TO '/tmp/all.backup'' at line 1

Have tried 'BACKUP TABLE' but does not work either and documentation tells
it has been removed...

Any idea of what is going on? I've used and installed from sources MySQL
since version 3.xx so it is not an installation problem, tried the
'./configure --help' to see if there are options related to the 'BACKUP...'
command but found nothing, the most related option was one to enable the
'LOAD DATA LOCAL...', or, does

--enable-local-infile Enable LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE (default: disabled)

require to be activated? I never activate it and 'BACKUP TABLE' used to work
fine, so 'BACKUP DATABASE' should too, isn't it? or should I recompile with
that option enabled? anyway I've read all the installation and backup
documentation and does not mention it is requiered to make BACKUP DATABASE
work...

Regards