Hi,

Could try your script with the key_buffer set to 0 ?

Regards,
 Jocelyn Fournier

[EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit :
Hello,

Thanks for you help. You can see the results in the .err file below. I've run it twice while the algorithm was running, but my knowledge in MySQL is still too poor to identify any problem here. Beside these locks that I do not know what they are. This is the third release of the algorithm. The first release used stacks. In a tree with 10 levels and an average of 2 children per node, it used to take about 2 minutes since everything was running sequentially. When I added the threads it went down to 30 seconds in total. Now the tree I have has 38 levels and 8 average children per node. The total of threads will be: Threads=(1^0)+(8^1)+(8^2)+..+(8^30) . Processed sequentially it will take really long. I am limiting the number of threads in Ruby to 100, which should represent almost 100 concurrent queries equal to the number of connections. But the database is not responding as I expect. I am for sure doing something wrong, but I do not know exactly what.

Thanks again for your answers,

This is the error log:

080627 12:06:38 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /usr/local/mysql/data 080627 12:06:38 [Warning] Setting lower_case_table_names=2 because file system for /usr/local/mysql/data/ is case insensitive
080627 12:06:38  InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 46409
080627 12:06:39 [Note] Event Scheduler: Loaded 0 events
080627 12:06:39 [Note] /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld: ready for connections.
Version: '5.1.25-rc' socket: '/tmp/mysql.sock' port: 3306 MySQL Community Server (GPL)

Status information:

Current dir: /usr/local/mysql/data/
Running threads: 181  Stack size: 196608
Current locks:
lock: 0x107a854:

lock: 0x1074e54:

lock: 0x1071654:

lock: 0x1067854:

lock: 0x105d054:

lock: 0x1054c54:

lock: 0x1050c54:

lock: 0x1045654:

lock: 0x1040454:

lock: 0x103a454:

Key caches:
default
Buffer_size:    1719664640
Block_size:           1024
Division_limit:        100
Age_limit:             300
blocks used:            67
not flushed:             0
w_requests:              0
writes:                  0
r_requests:           1456
reads:                  67

handler status:
read_key:          153
read_next:         334
read_rnd             0
read_first:          3
write:               0
delete               0
update:              0

Table status:
Opened tables:         17
Open tables:           10
Open files:            20
Open streams:           0

Alarm status:
Active alarms:   180
Max used alarms: 181
Next alarm time: 28794

Begin safemalloc memory dump:

End safemalloc memory dump.

Events status:
LLA = Last Locked At  LUA = Last Unlocked At
WOC = Waiting On Condition  DL = Data Locked

Event scheduler status:
State      : INITIALIZED
Thread id  : 0
LLA        : n/a:0
LUA        : n/a:0
WOC        : NO
Workers    : 0
Executed   : 0
Data locked: NO

Event queue status:
Element count   : 0
Data locked     : NO
Attempting lock : NO
LLA             : init_queue:132
LUA             : init_queue:142
WOC             : NO
Next activation : never

Status information:

Current dir: /usr/local/mysql/data/
Running threads: 266  Stack size: 196608
Current locks:
lock: 0x107a854:

lock: 0x1074e54:

lock: 0x1071654: