Hi,

2008/6/30 Dan Nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> In the last episode (Jun 29), Pooly said:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to convert my tables to UTF8 but I'm getting the following error:
>> ERROR 1062 (23000): Duplicate entry 'Zorglüb' for key 1
>>
>> Not too sure why I'm getting this error since the current (latin1) data are:
>> mysql> select * from topics_lookup where label like 'Zor%';
>> +----------+----------+------+
>> | label    | topic_id | main |
>> +----------+----------+------+
>> | Zorglub  |       72 |    0 |
>> | Zorglüb  |       72 |    1 |
>> +----------+----------+------+
>> 2 rows in set (0.00 sec)
>>
>> There is a unique index on label, however the 2 data are different.
>>
>> Any ideas ?
>
> I can't reproduce this.  Can you provide example commands demonstrating
> your problem?

Yes, sorry I should have been more precise in my email.

mysql> select version();
+--------------------------+
| version()                |
+--------------------------+
| 5.0.32-Debian_7etch5-log |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

create table mytable2 ( label varchar(200) primary key ) charset latin1;
insert into mytable2 values ('Zorglub'), ('Zorglüb');
alter table mytable2 convert to character set utf8 collate utf8_general_ci;

this gives:
ERROR 1062 (23000): Duplicate entry 'Zorglüb' for key 1

I tried to search the changelog and the bug tracking system, but
without much luck.
Rgds,