Neil Tompkins wrote:
Hi,
I've the following table design (attached txt file, for some reason the content was being blocked) and I'd like any advice if this is the correct method/design. TableName:ProductMaster
ProductMasterID
FriendlyProductName

TableName:ProductContent
ProductContentID
ProductName
Site
Language

TableName:ProductLookup
ProductLookupID
ProductContentID

TableName:Products
ProductsID
ProductSupplier
Cost
Below is my query extracting the data : SELECT ProductName, ProductSupplier FROM Products
INNER JOIN ProductLookup ON ProductMaster.ProductMasterID =
ProductLookup.ProductLookup
INNER JOIN Products ON ProductLookup.ProductID = Products.ProductsID
INNER JOIN ProductContent ON Products.ProductsID =
ProductContent.ProductContentID
WHERE ProductMaster.ProductMasterID = 1
AND ProductContent.Site = "mysite.com"
AND ProductContent.Language = "eng"

Neil, when making a query like this to the list, it would be helpful if you explained the entities the various tables are dealing with and the purpose for the query. This saves everyone a lot of time and guesswork.

I can spot two or three outright errors in your SQL statement, so clearly you have not actually run it.
- You are referencing fields in one table that is not referenced.
- You reference another table twice.
- There is no field named ProductLookup.ProductLookup

Good luck with your homework!

- John