Martin Bringe writes:
> Hi,
>
> I need som help on problems we encounter with mysql. I find nothing in
> manual nor this list, that gave me a hint where I can solve my problem:
>
> Environment:
> mysql run on an dedicated system with dual pIII-933 and 1 GB RAM. the
> mysql-server is used by a webserver via network (switched 100 MBit). The
> system is a upgraded potato debian box, kernel 2.4.3. We use reiserfs but
> the database files sit on a standard ext2 partition. The system shows a load
> about 0,8 to 1 (top), mysqladmin status reports about 70-80 q/s. The mysqld
> setup is based upon my_huge.cnf.
>
> After a short period,  about some hours, I find about 100 Threads running
> and mysql is completely dead. No change to stop mysqld by mysqladmin
> shutdown nor by a kill -9. After all there are 3-6 mysql-processes that stay
> in the processlist and I had to reboot the system to wipe them out.
>
> Now my questions:
> After experience with older systems. I think this system should be able to
> drive about 200 - 300 Q/s, but we are far away from this point. How can I
> determine the bottleneck?
>
> How can I find out, wich query or what stops mysql responding?
>
> In mysqladmin extended-status I find tmp_disk_table. About 10 % tmp_table
> are "disk"? I interpret this line as "mysql writes the results to disk".  Is
> this the correct interpreation ans how can I find the query caused this?
>

> Many Thank you for any hints.
>
> Martin Bringe

Hi!

If you are not using our binary, then it could be caused by improper
building of MySQL.

If you are using our binary, then you have probably eaten up all
memory with huge variant of my.cnf.

To find out exactly what goes on, mysqladmin proc is a better tool.

Regards,

Sinisa

     /*/\*\/\*\   /*/ \*\ /*/ \*\ |*|     Sinisa Milivojevic
    /*/ /*/ /*/   \*\_   |*|   |*||*|     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             /*/             \*\                Developers Team