I want to make sure that my master and slave machines are in sync. From what I hear, mk-table-checksum is a good way to do that. So, I downloaded and installed it on my Linux box (the slave). So, here's what I've got:

WS2003 Master (IP 192.168.1.10)
Ubuntu 8.04 Linux Slave (IP 192.168.1.128)

I log into the Ubuntu box, and execute the following command:

perl mk-table-checksum -replicate=test.checksum --user root --password mypassword -replcheck 192.168.1.10 localhost

After a little while of churning away, I check the test.checksum table, and there is nothing in there. I'm hoping that means that it worked, and that there are no record differences, am I correct? Is there a better way to be sure?

Thanks,
Jesse