On 21.07.2008 22:52 CE(S)T, Benjamin Wiechman wrote:
With 5.1 you have more control over general query log and the slow query log
- enable or disable at runtime, output to file or DB table.

Okay, now that sounds a lot better. Waiting for 5.1 GA then. Although it only provides the very basics. I still have to postprocess/aggregate the log to find who did what and how long that all took.

Or - looking at your original question it may be able to narrow down the
source of the queries if you can graph your data more often - maybe every
10-15 seconds instead of a longer interval to help you profile which
applications are hammering your db server.

This is a webhosting services machine. I don't know who of the users is doing what and what applications they have installed. Recently I found one of my applications being "vulnerable" to senseless recursive bot requests that took quite a bit of the time. That was by chance because I had also looked into the web server requests diagramm, which I can separate by users. And in that case, my colour was clearly visible... ;) So maybe it will already help a lot to see for which user account the database server is working most in a certain time range.

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>