You should be able to do this fine. It would help if you specified what the error you were getting was.

Atle

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008, Jim Lyons wrote:

I recently installed 2 instances of mysql on the same server, using port
3307 for the second server, the normal 3306 for the first server.  I found
that while logged onto that box I could communicate to the 3307 instances
using the socket parameter.  Using the port parameter (--port=3307) didn't
work.

I am now trying to set up master-to-master replication on that machine,
where the 2 masters are the 2 instances running on that machine (sounds a
little flaky, but it's for a dev box and it ought to work).  It's not
working and I'm wondering if it's because I can't specify the socket the
3306 master needs to connect to on the 3307 master.  In the "change master
to" command I can only specify the port.  I did specify it as 3307 but the
"slave" still can't connect.

Has anyone done this?

--
Jim Lyons