Hi

If you're searching for, effectively, %123% you probably can't use IN(). You
could get away with wildcard patterns - if it's a heavily used field
consider an index to increase performance. Hard to tell if this may be a FK
of sorts, but if so you should use it as one which may involve normalising
your tables. Also, if this is a field of type int you may need to cast your
data as varchar to perform wildcard searches.

Regards

Johan Gant