Hi

I wanted to do some sort of database connection. In the way that I can handle db's
from multiple server as I'm doing from one.
Let's give you an example

DB1     on host asterix
DB2     on host obelix
DB3     on host miraculix

Wenn I connect to db1 on asterix by mysql I want to make selects in one statement to
the others to:

select * from db1.*, db2@obelix.* db3@miraclix.* where ....

I know I could programm this in perl, java or whatever. I would pefer a solution which
fits neatly into mysql. I thinks this sould be much about it for real DB hackers,
because different DB's on the same machine can be use already. Has anyone be
programming such a thing?

To get you full information:
I want to distribute the data to different server get better performance on inserting
and be scalable with no end.
Because each server should do most of the work by it's own power, and just deliver the
result to the "client" server.

Thanks
Philip Markwalder

==============================