Hi
I'm reinstalling an instance of MySQL 4.1 on a Windows Server 2003 machine,
but I cannot delete the original installation folder or re-install into it
due to the presence of the mysqld-nt.exe file in the C:\mysql\bin folder.
I've killed all services relating to MySQL (or those that I can clearly
identify using task manager and the services list from admin tools) from all
user sessions on that machine, but the file is still locked by some process
which I cannot identify. I encountered this problem in the past and got
around it by killing all MySQL related processes but this time it's not
helping. I've also logged out any other user sessions on this machine to
ensure there is nothing idling in the background.

Short of rebooting the server - is there any way to find out what might be
locking this file, or a way of forcing a release to allow me to reinstall
MySQL? I'm happy to hear alternative suggestions as well.

Thanks
Johan