Hi,

first thanks for your response

Are you using InnoDb or MyISAM? If you are using Inno, I would add
--single-transaction to your mysqldump command within the Perl script and
flush the logs prior to doing the backup and not backup the new bin-log file
until the next.

No, there is a mixture beetween MyISAM and InnoDB Tables. You suggest,
changing the Order of "FLUSH LOGS" and place it before the Dumps are
generated.

Also, have you thought about doing the hourly backups against the master
instead of a slave and do full backups off the slave since they naturally
take longer?

You mean saving the binlogs from the master ? Well currently that's not the
case. I want to do the Backup from the Slave, also the hourly Backup of the
Binlogs.

As for your "missing" data, and I am not sure this will make sence, the logs
you replayed on the test box where until that point you were doing the
comparison and not just to the next full backup?

Could it be that i need to execute a "FLUSH TABLES" before doing the mysqldumps
on the Slave to force Data in the Cache to be written into the DB ?

Thank you,
Werner