Hello mysql,

As I have previously mentioned, I installed WAMPSERVER 2.0 on my
Windows XP pro box recently. It installed INNODB as the Default
Engine.

All of my legacy Databases are MYISAM and after the installation, I
copied them all into the DATA folder and everything worked, even
adding new tables etc. but the new stuff was INNODB. So I ended up
with some MYISAM databases that contained INNODB tables in them.

After a few weeks I got to thinking that mixing INNODB and MYISAM
might not be a good thing and switched the Default Engine to MYISAM in
my.ini file. I didn't just switch the default, I commented out all the
INNODB calls in the my.ini file as well.

As I half expected, all the databases that I had added INNODB tables
failed when I tried to fire up the applications that used them.

Although I am not new to mysql, I have had a bit of MYISAM "tunnel
vision" with it so my question is, if I had just switched the default
engine and NOT disabled the INNODB calls in my.ini, would that have
prevented the "problem"? I restored all the MYISAM files and got
everything back working again.

I don't want to go through the "lengthy" reproduction exercise of
reinstalling everything to test the theory so if someone has had some
experience with this, I would appreciate hearing from them.

--
Best regards,
 mikesz                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]