Simple answer: Of course you can. This will bring out the true power of C.
So - YES, you can work with C and MySQL.

In fact, you work with MySQL, much like any other databases/SQL, with
*many*programming languages. For C I suggest you use Google and/or
check out the
following resources:

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/is/mysql/c/
http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/C-and-Cpp/1
http://www.planetmysql.org/entry.php?id=14437
http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/linux-unix-connect-mysql-c-api-program.html

MySQL itself is in fact in written in C and C++! I hope this helps some.

Cheers,

Craig Huffstetler
#mysql | Freenode

--

Ogden Nash  - "The trouble with a kitten is that when it grows up, it's
always a cat."