On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 1:14 PM, Jose Estuardo Avila <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My point is that on my process lists there are no writes being done at that
> time only reads and actually only one read all other reads are locked as
> well as writes.

Sure, that's because the reads are in line behind the write that is
waiting for a lock.  ("Your call will be answered in the order in
which it was received...")  You can set the writes to low priority, or
use delayed writes, but you run the risk of starving the writes.
Frankly, those are hacky solutions compared to the InnoDB approach.

- Perrin