you can use GRANT statement to create and grant privs for a mysql db so users
can access specific host DB servers @'server.domain' specific DB on specific Db
Servers 'custom'@'server.domain'specific tables on specific DB customer.*
specific privs
(Select_priv,Insert_priv,Update_priv,Delete_priv,Create_priv,Drop_priv) for
those specific tables on specific DBe.g.GRANT
SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,CREATE,DROP ON customer.* TO
'custom'@'server.domain' IDENTIFIED BY 'obscure';
http://www.devshed.com/c/a/MySQL/Managing-MySQL-User-Accounts/1/

HTH/Martin ______________________________________________ Disclaimer and
confidentiality note Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to
the official business of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature
and Sender does not endorse distribution to any party other than intended
recipient. Sender does not necessarily endorse content contained within this
transmission. > Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 19:38:15 -0400> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com> Subject: mysql user and authentication ???> >
Hello,> > I just installed the 6.0.6 version of the mysqld on Linux using the>
binary RPM.> The RPM installed all the programs then it started the mysqld
server.> > I read lots of documents about mysql user and password. But I have
no idea> what the users are used for, and how users are created.> > The Linux
root user is the only user that can start and stop the server. Is> this fact
correct?> > Thanks,> -Alex
Get thousands of games on your PC, your mobile phone, and the web with Windows®.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/108588800/direct/01/