On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 4:26 PM, Josh Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We're seeing a significantly higher percentage of IO wait on the system,
>  averaging 20% now with the majority of that being user IO.  The system is
> not swapping at all.

O_DIRECT may not be the best setting for your hardware.  You might
want to go back to the default.

> Any ideas for what to check or modify to increase the performance here and
> let MyISAM and InnoDB play better together?

What you really need to do is look at which queries are slow and run
EXPLAIN plans for them.  Most big performance problems like you're
describing are due to index issues, so that's where you should be
looking.  Server tuning comes lat

- Perrin