Hi,

Personally I would do #3 as well. Have an exact copy (structurally) of your original table, when the record is deleted then move the account's details to your deleted_users table so it doesn't appear in users but you still have all the details.

Not sure if it's possible in MySQL but in other database systems you can create a DELETE trigger that does this automatically when a record is deleted, so your application only has to worry about issuing one query.

Andy

Fish Kungfu wrote:
I would do #3.