Hi Varuna,

The problem looks like it is with the command you issued. The correct
syntax is:

mysqladmin -uroot -p shutdown

then supply root password.

Without giving the -uroot argument, it doesn't know that you are trying
to log in as the root user, which is why it is telling you that access
is denied for [EMAIL PROTECTED], rather than [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanks

--
Ian Simpson
System Administrator